Sunday, September 10, 2006

Yesterday Once More

The repetitive bombardment of the latest English pop songs from the radio irritates me much recently. The melody is no longer entrancing but replaced with the tendency of either almost monotonous flat tunes or supersonic speed of rapping coupled with meaningless childish lyrics.

In the 80’s and 90’s, I was laughing to my elders when they were criticizing the pop songs meaningless but a junk piece of noise mixture. Today, the youngsters are teasing me getting old. Ha… position is changing.

Hence I launched a huge project lately. I flipped through all CDs and compiled all nice songs together. I dug out many long forgotten and neglected songs. Strangely I have started appreciating the music of the 70’s which had never been my favourite in the past. Particular song brought back particular memories… “Yesterday Once More” (by The Carpenters) aptly describes present feelings.