Thursday, January 28, 2010

Haiti Earthquake

Have been >2 weeks since the earthquake shook Port-au-Prince. The city is left with a huge pile of rubbles, enormous figure of casualty and death toll… Foods are scarce and expensive, no shelter, 5000 prisoners escaped, lawlessness is fostering, the city falls disorder. The calamity has worsened the struggling life of this country - among the world’s poorest.

I don’t know what would I do if the home I built up was shattered overnight, and lost everything. I wouldn’t have the time to re-build what I’d lost. I’m always curious, what keeps these poor people to live their life? Many of them have to struggle for foods, sickness, education and all kind of problems that couldn’t be solved without money. Don’t they feel tired? What’s the meaning of life?