Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bitches

I had planned since a month to have a short vacation in Italy from today for 10 days. I left my town at 3:00am in order to board WizzAir's early 6:00am flight to Rome. I arrived at Sofia Airport on time and checked-in smoothly.

At the passport control, the lady border police scrutinized my passport page by page. She said I couldn't get on board because I do not have the required visa to Italy. To my surprise, I explained with Malaysian passport I can travel to any EU country without visa, proven by my recent visit to Czech and Germany. She showed my documents to her chief, came back and concluded the same statement, said WizzAir refused to take me on board. I tried to explain to her again. She prompted with the arrogant attitude, "I'm the border police." Goodness… she implied that she is judging the rules! Bitch!

At 5:30am, she led me out of the passport control and instructed WizzAir to withdraw my checked-in luggage. I managed to contact Italian Embassy in Malaysia and they confirmed what I said. I conveyed the message to WizzAir check-in counter, but I received another no-intention-to-help response, and she quickly disappeared herself. Bitch!

I went to information desk seeking help… of course helpless. I called again Italian Embassy asking if they could fax any statement to clarify this issue. She apologized for particular reason. Meanwhile the lady border police walked to me and saw me calling someone, she asked with challenging tongue, "What's your problem?" I forwarded my phone hoping that Italian Embassy could convince her. She took over the phone, listened impatiently and insisted sternly a visa is required. Gone… I know it was absolutely helpless now.

I went to the ticket counter, the officer shrugged her shoulders. At 6:00am sharp, the lady border police walked slowly towards me with a phone pressing on her ear. She stopped in front of me and said after checking in detail, Malaysians indeed do not require tourist visa! FXXK! I almost exploded! The plane has just left and she came with this answer. The WizzAir officer made no effort to call or help me on board. Bitch!

The lady border police stood besides me like a pitiful puppy begging for food. "I'm sorry, I'm deeply sorry. Maybe you can change your flight to Sunday." I was abnegating my anger. She spoiled my plan entirely! Furthermore who is going to pay the additional charges of EUR200 to change the air-ticket? And the cancellation charges on my booked accommodation? I felt so sick to see her standing there. Pretended to be a gentleman, I shook her hand and let her go.

I called my local colleague, explained the situation. He was more emotional than me. He fxxked everything concerned with the lousy system. He drove all the way to Sofia to pick me up, and assisted me to file a report to the border police department.… took us almost 6 hrs!

Back to office, I cancelled all my accommodation reservation. Don’t mind to waste the returned air-ticket… just feel like fxxking sick and fxxking frustrated to think about this issue. I don't know when I'll plan to visit Italy next.
As my Client always cynically said, "Welcome to Bulgaria."